PG Group Scholarship in Architecture
Initiated in 1998, this scholarship is made possible through the participation of the South African Institute of Architects supported by the PG Group (Pty) Ltd and the South African Council for the Architectural Profession. The scholarship is awarded annually.
University: one 3rd year South African architectural student registered at one of the following institutions: Wits, UCT, Free State, UP, UKZN, NMMU (Department of Architecture). The award is based on 2nd year results and only students who have achieved an average of at least 65% during their 2nd year will be considered.
University of Technology: one 4th year South African architectural student registered with one of the following Institutions: TUT, CPUT, DUT, UJ, NMMU (Department of Architectural Technology). The award will be based on 3rd year results and only students who have achieved an average of at least 65% during their 3rd year will be considered.
Two scholarships will be awarded:
• University registered student: R20 000
• University of Technology registered student: R15 000
The scholarship funds will be deposited in the student’s account at the institution of registration.
Both scholarships are awarded to deserving students. Strong consideration will be given to students whose work has improved and matured during the course of their studies to the extent that consistent quality is demonstrated in the relevant year of study.
The following documentation and information must be provided:
• Portfolio: two projects with three A3 sheets for each project. These must have been produced during 2nd year for University students and during 3rd year for University of Technology students.
• Transcript of marks for all completed years of study (all subjects and average for each year)
• Written motivation from the student of not more than 150 words
• Declaration giving details of any bursary/scholarship already held
• Commendations: written commendations (150 words maximum) to be submitted from two referees together with the referee’s contact information (landline, cell phone and e-mail)
Closing date for entries: 12:00 on Wednesday 9 March 2011.
• One representative from the South African Institute of Architects.
• One architectural practitioner nominated by the President, South African Institute of Architects
• One representative from the PG Group
The decision of the assessors is final.
The two winners will be announced before the end of March 2011. Funds will be released immediately upon announcement of the winners.
Formal presentation of the award will be made at ASC2011.
The PG Group will host the winning students at their facilities to enhance their architectural training.
Download the application form here